- Explore the characteristics of a Just Cause and relate it to your organization
- Examine the practices that are building trust and those that may be breaking trust, and how to maintain and rebuild trust
- Define and study your Worthy Rivals to identify areas of strength and areas to improve
- Gain a deeper understanding of Existential Flexibility, explore case studies and evaluate your current capacity for Existential Flexibility
- Learn how to build stronger relationships, which are the basis for the The Courage to Lead
Simon recently published The New York Times bestselling book, The Infinite Game and we are excited to bring a brand new workshop experience that explores the five practices of infinite-minded leadership. Please note - this is a new workshop with limited release for early 2020.
In business, there is no such thing as winning and losing. In an infinite game there is only ahead and behind. Of course, every organization has finite short-term goals, metrics and wins that show us that we are making progress, but to what end? In order to lead in an infinite game, we must practice these five areas:
- Advance a Just Cause – a specific vision of a future state that does not yet exist; a future state so appealing that people are willing to make sacrifices in order to help advance towards that vision.
- Build Trusting Teams – an environment in which people feel psychologically safe to express themselves and be who they really are.
- Study Worthy Rivals – another player in the game worthy of comparison.
- Prepare for Existential Flexibility – the capacity to initiate an extreme disruption to a business model or strategic course in order to more effectively advance your Just Cause.
- Demonstrate the Courage to Lead – a willingness to take risks for the good of an unknown future.
These sessions will break down and explore each (or a select number) of the five practices of leading in an infinite game.
Who is it for?
Approximately 6 - 7 hours
The full-day Infinite Game Workshop will cover all five practices of infinite-minded leadership and include examples, discussions and exercises that will bring the concepts to life.
Approximately 3 - 4 hours
This half-day workshop will cover Trusting Teams, Worthy Rival and The Courage to Lead, with examples and exercises to help participants internalize the concepts.