Improve Your Work Culture with Play in 25 Minutes
Learn 8 design principles to support cultivation of a playful workplace that centers around connection and creativity.
Find Your Balance Series: Improve Your Work Culture with Play in 25 Minutes
We all share a desire to feel more connected, creative, and vital in the workplace. Play is a powerful tool and doorway to these experiences, which contribute to fulfilling workplace cultures. Yet play has been minimized in adulthood as meaningless and not productive, and is seen in the workplace as merely foosball tables and monthly team building events—rather than a spirit that can transform how we work and relate to each other everyday. The research consistently shows that playing in adulthood is not only a matter of health, but is the very thing that energizes us and therefore, makes us more effective and open to new possibilities.
Join Hima Batavia in a lecture, where she will share eight principles drawn from her years of designing play experiences, on how to shape a culture where there is permission and safety for employees to step into play.
In this class you will:
- Learn about the power of play in the workplace
- See how play is a barometer for how safe and seen we feel in the workplace
- Design principles on how to shape a playful culture
You can now mix and match our 25-minute classes! Buy any three for $75 and save $15. Add three 25-minute classes to your cart and the discount will be applied at checkout.
Here are some recommendations for your bundle:
Hima Batavia is a designer who crafts experiences and spaces that shape the culture of how we connect and co-exist. She is the co-founder of Reset, a non-profit organization that designs IRL experiences for adults to just play as an act of resistance, wellness, and collective joy. Currently, she sits on the board of the organization.
Over the years, she has collaborated with organizations including Artscape, Luminato, Myseum, Toronto Prisoners Rights Project, Staples Studio, Centre for Social Innovation, Hyman Digital, and Woodgreen Community Services to design, produce, and facilitate strategies, experiences, festivals, and public artworks centered in principles of play, community, connection, transformation, and well-being.
Before you go:
- Please keep in mind all of our classes are scheduled in US Eastern Standard Time
- These classes will be hosted on Zoom where you will be interacting with other participants.
- Your individual link will be emailed to you after you register.
- Due to limited seating in each class, all ticket purchases are final.
- To improve our accessibility, we’re using Zoom's New Live Transcription/Close Captioning service to offer live audio accessibility to our classes.
- Missed a bit? Don’t worry—an unedited recording of the class will be made available for 48 hours.