Recruiting, Retaining and Advancing People of Color - June 30, 2021
What is Recruiting, Retaining and Advancing People of Color?
A diverse workforce is a stronger workforce. A team with different backgrounds will provide wider solutions and broader perspectives. Yet many leaders and companies are struggling with attracting, retaining and advancing people of color within their companies and organizations. Programs to enhance diversity are being implemented and the statistics are improving yet there is often still a gap between an employer’s aims in widening access and the support actually provided on the ground.
In this class, we will discuss the challenges and opportunities around employment, inclusivity and people of color. Specifically, we will talk about what companies can do to recruit, retain and advance people of color in this pivotal moment. We will talk about what employees are not telling their employers about race at work and discuss what can be done to better hear, listen and support racially diverse talent.
In this class you will:
- Understand the benefits of being an ally for people of color at work
- Identify the current barriers to inclusivity for your company or team
- Gain insight into how you can best support and nurture your current diverse workforce
- Unlock the best methods for attracting new diverse talent and expanding your team
- Learn how to approach difficult conversations around race and diversity with ease