Sleep Better, Feel Better, Achieve More - February 19, 2021
What is Sleep Better, Feel Better, Achieve More?
Sleep disturbances are among the most common health problems in the world, touching virtually everyone at some point of their life. Difficulty falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, an inability to stay awake during the day–these troubles plague millions and solutions are often hard to find.
In this class, participants will learn about sleep from the ground up (or brain down) and develop a solid understanding of the fundamental principles of sleep. [For example, did you know it is scientifically impossible to not sleep?]. From there, participants will discover how to evaluate and gauge their own sleep schedule and quality and understand what makes their’s unique. Finally armed with that information, they will master the basics for improving their sleep…from optimizing the bedroom, to the implementation of sleep technology, to finding the schedule that works for you. It’s all in this class.
Are you having trouble falling asleep tonight because you’re wondering if you should sign up? Solve two problems at once and join Dr Chris Winter in this one-of-a-kind learning opportunity.
In this class you will:
- Understand how sleep works, including how, genetically, we need different sleep amounts, prefer different sleep timings, and how napping plays into the whole sleep schedule.
- Forget “8 hours.” Determine how to calculate how much sleep you need as an individual and construct a schedule that accommodates that time.
- Learn how fatigue and sleepiness differ and how understanding the difference can save your sleep.
- Deconstruct insomnia: whether you can’t fall asleep, can’t stay asleep or wake up too early…all of these will be covered. Techniques and technology for shutting down your active mind will be discussed.
- Explore opportunities to take your sleep to the next level such as adjusting temperature, light, bedding and understand the benefits and shortcomings of wearable technology