Big Questions: Simon Sinek on The Infinite Game
In this episode of Big Questions, Simon talks about the theme of his upcoming book, The Infinite Game, with Cal Fussman.
Our Favorite Moments
- Adjusting ones own mindset to an infinite mindset is cathartic—it releases us from this false belief that we have to win in every situation (07:15)
- How Simon approaches his work like an artist (20:58)
- How Simon discovered the theory of finite and infinite games (30:57)
- Simon's writing process (37:00)
My advice to any would-be writer is absolutely take advice from other writers. But it’s really about finding your own groove. And for me, my groove has changed for every book.
- Simon's perspective that as you and your life changes, your process needs to change with it (51:00)
One of the most valuable lessons of my life is to view uncertainty as an opportunity rather than a liability.
- What it means to have an infinite career (58:00)
Success isn't a series of finite games. Success is one infinite game.
- Momentum (1:06:17)
- Passion is an output not an input (1:12:50)
A leader is the one who creates the environment that releases the passion in those around us.